“The FOW Community” is provided by Chess Media Group, Corp. (“Chess”, “us”, “and “our”, or “we”).
The FOW Community (the “Community”) is an online community comprised of discussion forums, document and information sharing, and blogs about collaboration and the future of work provided by Chess Media Group, Corp (“Chess”). The Community is hosted by Chess Media Group and operates as The FOW Community. The purpose of the Community is to provide a forum for participants to exchange information and to generally collaborate on ideas.
4. Multi-Member Discounts
To encourage even more corporate support for members, The FOW Community is offering discounts to companies. To invoke this offer, additional seats must be purchased within 30 days of the first member joining the community.
You must abide by the following rules of conduct:
- Do not engage in any unlawful conduct in the Community. In particular, do no post, publish, or distribute any defamatory, obscene, infringing or other unlawful material in the Community.
- Treat others in the Community as you would expect them to treat you. Do not engage in personal attacks or any time of “flaming” of other users. Do not “troll,” i.e., post topics or opinions that are designed to provoke a negative response from one or more specific users.
- Do not use offensive language. If you have any doubts about whether a particular statement might be considered offensive by other users, do not post it.
- Do not engage in disruptive activity in the Community, such as persistent off-topic contributions or comments, or statements that might incite other users to violate these guidelines or participate in illegal activities.
- Do not contribute content that contains photos or other materials protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or have rights to these materials.
- Do not post any instructions, software or other materials that would allow participants or third parties to harm other users’ computers or to inappropriately access software or websites.
- Do not post any computer programs that contain destructive features, such as virus, worms, or Trojan horse. Do not employ any type of bots for the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens or other activities that might disrupt online communication.
- Do not falsely impersonate any other person in the forum.
- Do not use the Community to spam other users, including sending identical or irrelevant submissions to many other discussion groups, mailing lists or communities.
- Do not misrepresent the source of anything you contribute.
- While you may use the Community to provide supplemental information about your own business that might be of interest to other users (without spamming them), do not rely on the Community as the primary mechanism for operating or promoting your business. Any use of the Community for commercial purposes is solely at your own risk, and Chess assumes no liability for such use.
- Any space provided to you in the Community is for your own personal use, and may not be sold, licensed, exchanged or bartered for any purpose, including advertisements.
- You are responsible and liable for all activities while participating in the Community, including anything you contribute.
- Do not rely on the Community for the safe and secure storage of any materials such as photos, documents, and software. The Community is not designed as the primary place to store any of these materials, and Chess is not responsible for the alteration, deletion, or loss of any stored items. Create back-ups for any materials you contribute to the Community.
- Chess reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any contribution that violates these guidelines. Chess also reserve the right at any time, without notice, to ban a user who has violated these rules of conduct from any sub-community or all Community forums.
- Some participants may post Internet website links in the Community forum. Chess is not responsible for the content on the websites associated with these links. In addition, Chess reminds you that some content and links on the Internet contain inappropriate material, such as malware or adult content that is not suitable for children and may be offensive to some users.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on information or advice you receive while online. Use your own good judgment when evaluation information provided through the Community or any other communication service. The decision to share information or conduct transactions with anyone is your own; therefore conduct your own research prior to making any decisions.
7. Contributions Ownership, Rights and Liability
Chess does not claim ownership of any Contributions that you or others post, upload, submit or otherwise provide to the Community. However, you hereby grant:
- Others to reproduce Contributions under Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial-ShareAlike license [https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/ca/]. You also grant Chess and all users of the Community the permission to use your Contributions in other areas of the Community.
- Chess a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable license under all your Intellectual Property Rights, including (A) a copyright license to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute such Contributions and derivative works as well as (B) a patent to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, export, and otherwise transfer or sublicense such Contributions.
For “Attribution” under the Creative Commons license, it is required and sufficient to provide with the reproduced content a link to or URL of the Community page containing the source of Contribution.
Collective Work of Contributions: A Collective Work of Contributions is a compilation of Contributions into a single website or publication. Chess asserts copyright ownership in any Collective Work of Contributions, and such compilations, when published for commercial or non-commercial purpose not by Chess, may violate Chess' rights in such a collective work.
In order to grant Chess and other users of the Community the rights, permissions and licenses contained herein, you represent and warrant that you either own or have all the necessary intellectual property rights in the Contributions uploaded or shared to the Community and that your Contributions are non-infringing on the patent, copyright or other intellectual property rights of others. Do not post, upload, submit or otherwise provide Contributions to the Community that are protected by the intellectual property rights of others, unless you own or have the necessary rights or licenses to use such Contributions, and such rights or licenses do not otherwise conflict with your ability to submit, upload or otherwise provide such Contributions.
For the academic sub-community, Contributions consisting of previously published academic papers have additional terms governing their use, such as limiting their use to only non-commercial, educational and research purposes. Such additional terms governing the use of the academic papers and courseware shall control and you shall be responsible for abiding by those additional terms.
By uploading Contributions to the Community, you represent and warrant that you are not uploading viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malicious, illegal, or unlawful code which is designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any software or hardware. All Contributions available for download and/or use are provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis, without any warranty of any kind and you assume all risks associated with the Contributions that you download.
All Contributions are deemed be provided on a non-confidential basis. Chess is under no obligation to and does not control the Contributions created, provided, or uploaded to the Community. The nature of some Contributions may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. Chess reserves the right to take down and remove Contributions that are flagged by users or deemed by Chess as objectionable. However Chess is under no duty to take down or remove any Contributions.
Blog authors and blog users (hereinafter "Bloggers") who post blog entries, comments or other Contributions are expected to adhere to conduct as set forth in Section 4 above. Bloggers may create blogs generally discussing collaboration and the future of work. Although Chess respects the freedom of Bloggers and the Contributions they post, blogs that predominantly discuss topics completely unrelated to collaboration and the future of work or that consume excessive resources or bandwidth may be taken down at the sole discretion of Chess. Generally it is suggested that Bloggers take responsibility not just for their own words, but for the comments allowed on their blogs; label their tolerance level for abusive comments; consider eliminating anonymous comments; ignore the trolls (i.e., those who intentionally post derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages); take the conversation offline, and talk directly, or find an intermediary who can do so; if you know someone who is violating the conduct guidelines, tell them so; and don't say anything online that you wouldn't say in person. Bloggers understand that they bear the full responsibility of any Contributions they post and that such Contributions may lead to adverse consequences in their personal or professional lives, such as damaged friendships or loss of employment.
9. Satisfaction Guaranteed
The FOW Community guarantees your satisfaction with the service offered under this membership subscription. If at any time in the first sixty (60) days of your membership you are dissatisfied, you are entitled to a full refund.
10. Contacting Us
If there are any questions regarding these terms and conditions, the practices of this web site, or your dealings with this web site, you may contact us at email@example.com
This policy is valid from May 2014. Chess Media Group, Corp. reserves the right to change, modify, or update this statement at any time without notice.